Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Assist in ACS Run SQL - No database proposals

Using ACS V1.1.9.0
    I believe I should be able to get fields to select yet instead I am getting "No database proposals".
    What could I be missing to get this to work?

Thanks
    the smoking gnu

CA does not always work even with what seems like a simple query. Try a few things, clear the asterisk and then activate CA. Qualify ALL the tables before activating CA. The current version of CA has a hard time looking for references that are in your library list and doing this in a timely manner. The SQL has to be valid up to the point of you activating CA in most situations.

Comment

Try to qualify the table. ACS quite often does not find the unqualified specified database object in the library list when using system naming conventions.

Comment

Still with fully qualified schema.table naming I get the same.
        the smoking gnu

Comment

Figured out something possibly relevant.
          When I open Database Schemas on this server I get -
          SQL State: 42704
          Vendor Code: -204
          Message: [SQL0204] SYSCATALOGS in QSYS2 type *FILE not found
          When I try on another server I can access the schemas and content assist works.
          the smoking gnu

Comment

First start with a blank screen in Run SQL Scripts and nothing typed in.
            If content assist isn't working from a blank screen, I suspect it's because of your operating system version and PTF levels.
            QSYS2/SYSCATALOGS is the table name for the system name QSYS2/LOCATIONS. LOCATIONS is a LF over QADBXRDBD in QSYS.
            You could open a ticket with IBM Support to see what you need to do.

I find Content Assist finicky and depends on a bunch of things: where the cursor is on a statement, whether the table is fully qualified, what the current schema is set to (named or *LIBL), and whether I'm using system naming or SQL naming.

Comment

Working...
            X