Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S814 Disks Degraded

Hi All,

I have apower 8 system containing multipathed 57D8 cards x 2 in C14 C15, the drives are showing as degraded. This would normally point to the battery needing replacing, but as these are supercaps it's essentially a card replacement.

Problem is that the service action log shows no errors for anything, no disk or card issues and of course resource containing cache batteries is a no go, as its not a battery. So how can I get confirmation of the supercap status, should it not of logged an error somewhere, and if so where, and how to know which card is in error.

If any of you guys and gals can assist it would be great.

KR

Rich

Same question here, all raid 5 disks are in good condition but run as degraded mode

Comment

I found the error in the product activity log eventually, it pointed to the correct card slot, we replaced the 57D8 and all was well again, would have been nice to get something in the Service action log though

Comment

• ty880336
        ty880336 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your advice! I'll try to check PAL later. So, in the end, you replaced the 57D8 with a new one to restore normal operation, right?

Yep, spot on.

Comment

Working...
      X