Cannot open 2 sessions HELP !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot open 2 sessions HELP !!!!

First allow me to introduce myself. My name is Frank I am a Network admin for a company named Arrow uniform. For awhile now we have had an issue with users not being able to open more than one session of as400 term emulation. An error "Internal License error has occured" will come up. We simply as admins log in as ourselves via Dameware and open up 2 sessions. Then when the user logs back in they can work in more than one session. Well this is getting very annoying. Any help you can offer for this newb would be great. Thank you for your time.

Re: Cannot open 2 sessions HELP !!!!

First, welcome to Code400. Everyone here (with the exception of AS400Pro) is friendly and knowledgeable.

First off, what OS version are you on? Secondly, what version of Client Access is deployed to your users?

Also, take a look at what your license info says for Client Access:
    * Issue command WRKLICINF.
    * Scroll down until you find the entries for 5722XW1. The license term s/b VxRxMx that is the same as your OS version.
    * Place a 5 beside the entry and see what is displayed under "Usage type" and "Usage limit".

Perhaps the above will show you have a limit to the number of 5250 sessions you can use with Client Access?

Jonas
    Jonas Temple
    Got FROG?
    Got Tadpole? No, because it's not done yet! Stay tuned....

01010111 01100001 01110011 01110011 01110101 01110000 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 00111111

Comment

Seems like its security within the client access folder on the users PC.
      they have permission to use but not add????
      when they create new sessions there descriptions are stored within
      client access folder...You as admin have right to write so you clear up
      the problem...
      this is just a guess

welcome....
      jamie
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

I am using ClientAccessExpress V5r1

The clients machines operate on win2k pro sp4.

Comment

What about the user profile (DSPUSRPRF) setting...

Limit device sessions . . . . . *SYSVAL *SAME, *NO, *YES, *SYSVAL

Check *SYSVAL with "DSPSYSVAL QLMTDEVSSN"

System value . . . . . : QLMTDEVSSN
          Description . . . . . : Limit device sessions

Limit device session . . . . : 0 0=Do not limit
          1=Limit

This restricts the user to one session ?

Or is it too obvious ?

Comment

We also had this problem, but only on a couple of PC's. I don't think we really ever found the problem for certain. We did the same (signon as admin) and it worked. For some, this was a perm fix. For others, we just gave them a different emulator to use. Our efforts to fix it pointed to a problem with Windows registry. (Don't be fooled by this "license" error - it just means the connection/logon failed - could be any reason)

If you haven't already, I would suggest making the user an admin on the local PC, re-install CA, reboot, and have the user sign in again as admin. If it works, you can then remove user from local admin if sedired.

Comment

We had this issue recently and found that it was a workstation ID issue. If you go into the session's communication tab and configure, then set the Workstation ID to %$USERN*= or their username followed by a star i.e. JSMITH*, one of the two should work. Just thought I would share another possible fix.

Comment

Working...
              X