IPL Your Career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL Your Career

One of our regulars, coughed up a 5 page article with a front page picture on our favorite topic - "staying relevant" in May's edition of iSeries News where he provides an overview of some tecnologies we should be learning and using including CGI/CGIDEV2, PHP, Java, EGL, and HTML/CSS. Well done Tommy!

IPL Your Career

Article ID: 63391Posted May 1st, 2009 in RPG Programming IT Mgmt/Careers

By:Tommy Holden

You?ve probably heard the expression ?If your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.? This expression is especially true with programming. If you have only one tool in your toolbox, you?ll sometimes see only one possible solution to a problem or design for an application. By limiting your vision in this fashion, you do a disservice to yourself and your customers (internal or external). As a developer, it is vital that you provide customers with not just a solution, but also the best solution for their needs....
    more here:

Re: IPL Your Career

Wow! He's really good! It posted on May 1st, 2009 and it's only April 28th!

He even writes articles at the speed of light!

Congrats Tommy!!

Comment

i spent hours running bible codes against the article and not once could i find "code400" in the text. anyone else find it?

nice job...who knew you were so verbose ???
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

thanks all....and Jamie, I had to be verbose...cover articles they require 3500-4000 words eek!!
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Originally posted by jamief View Post
          i spent hours running bible codes against the article and not once could i find "code400" in the text. anyone else find it?

nice job...who knew you were so verbose ???
          Well Jamie, if it makes you feel any better, I'll attempt to submit a 4000 word article to them that has nothing but "CODE400.COM" over and over again.

A snippet from the submission:
          "CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM CODE400.COM [...]"

I'll let you know if it's accepted....

Comment

LMAO!!!

Per the Bible... "Ask and ye shall receive"

That was funny Noobie!

Comment

@#%@#%@#%@#% Tom I dont even know 4000 words....so Ill stick with Noobie's idea and just submit the same words over and over....and what better than code400.com....... ummmmm Nothing!

www.code400.com

Comment

Do you have to write a dissertation at University (college or whatever you call it) in America? The standard on a UK degree is 10,000 words. I did have a year to write it though.
                Ben

Comment

well of course you know 10,000 words youre English!

www.code400.com

Comment

lol they don't all have to be different words.
                    It was a genuine question though.
                    Ben

Comment

Nice article Tom. Very impressive.
                      Sorry but that's about as verbose as I get.

Thanks
                      GLS
                      The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by BenThurley View Post
                        Do you have to write a dissertation at University (college or whatever you call it) in America? The standard on a UK degree is 10,000 words. I did have a year to write it though.
                        that's only for the high-end degrees...my lowly associate's degree is fine with me

Comment

I have my doctorate in Psychic Detective Investigations. It cost me $25 and all I had to write was my name and address on the comic book advertisements and mail it in!

Comment

Originally posted by RPGnoobie View Post
                            I have my doctorate in Psychic Detective Investigations. It cost me $25 and all I had to write was my name and address on the comic book advertisements and mail it in!
                            Do you investigate psychics or do you psychically investigate? If the former I'd like you to check up on John Edwards. He seems pretty shifty to me.

Comment

looking for some feedback on this....should i try to write more articles or leave it to real writers?

Note: this is my first article and i'm not a writer by any stretch of the imagination. i was approached about writing an article and this topic (which they pick them BTW) hits close to my heart. i've been advocating for programmers to broaden their horizons for years so it was easier than dang near anything else they might throw at me...

Comment

Working...
                              X