Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create additional pages in Excel workbook

Hi,
    I have numerous processes that output to an Excel workbook that are then emailed to the users. I use the SNDSMTPEMM command to do this along with some other steps. Now, I've been asked to provide a details page for a summary report that has multiple records. This means that for every record on the summary page, I would need a details page and I'm wondering if there's any way to do this. Either with the command I'm using (which I doubt) or by some other means.

Any ideas?

Mike.
    Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

So you're creating an Excel file on IBMi and then sending it off via email? What are you using to create the Excel file?

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor___ View Post
      So you're creating an Excel file on IBMi and then sending it off via email? What are you using to create the Excel file?
      jtaylor,
      In simplest terms...
      I have a PF that I call HEADER. It has 100 fields 30 characters wide. This contains the column headings for various processes.
      I use a program to create the data file.
      I copy a specific HEADER record that matches the file layout to the IFS and then add the data to it.
      Then I use the SNDSMTPEMM command to send the IFS file via email which converts it to CSV.

Mike.

Comment

Are you working with an Excel file (.XLS or .XLSX) or a CSV file? If you're doing a CSV file, I don't think it can have multiple sheets. That's a spreadsheet concept that's not applicable to CSV. In that case, you'll need to create an actual Excel file, and you'd almost certainly need a utility to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor___ View Post
          Are you working with an Excel file (.XLS or .XLSX) or a CSV file? If you're doing a CSV file, I don't think it can have multiple sheets. That's a spreadsheet concept that's not applicable to CSV. In that case, you'll need to create an actual Excel file, and you'd almost certainly need a utility to do that.
          CSV. I didn't think it was possible.

Thanks.

Comment

Correct. You can't do it with CSV. You'd need to create an actual Excel file. There are utilities that can do that on IBMi.

Comment

Working...
            X