Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spools to Microsoft Teams

hello-

I am new to as400 with only 3 months experience. My place of work uses it as their inventory and purchasing system. We have several warehouse locations in the same geographical location that share inventory with multiple trucks running between the warehouses shuttling product on a tight 24hr schedule.

most of my coworkers and my morning is spent putting what we need from the other locations on an excel spreadsheet, our clerk hand keys this into as400, sends the document from their spools to themselves in pdf, emails it to the other warehouse, the pdf is printed and passed around to each inventory manager to approve every line item, adjustments are physically written in ink, the pdf is scanned back to the warehouse that sent it, the order is picked and shipped. This is done for 4 warehouses all trading inventory every day. It’s bananas how old school this is.

i want to work smarter not harder and I’ve received my manager’s blessing to look into ways to make this easier for everyone. What id like to do is send the order from spools to a Microsoft teams channel in excel format, have each person make adjustments or approve for their respective categories before the clerk makes the hand keyed adjustments and sends the document back.

it doesn’t have to be excel format, I just think that is the easiest for the ‘old school’ pen and paper types that won’t scare them. It just needs to be a format that can easily be edited as our company does not have adobe to edit a pdf.

bonus points if we can create a button in excel to upload the information to as400 without the hand keying, but is not required. Even if the clerk still has to hand key the information it should cut down on hundred of emails a week.

please be gentle I am not a programmer and don’t know a ton about as400 I just am still learning the intricacies of the program.
Working...
X