Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFP and CCSID issues

I wonder if anyone is able to help me.

I'm currently working on a project to migrate our local IBM to a dedicated iASP on the group's central IBM which is shared with other organisations in the group - each has it's own iASP. I've run into an issue with AFP as the CCSID is different to our local machine. Our local machine is set to have a CCSID as 65535 (no conversion) and users log on with a default coded character set identifier as 37. However, on the central machine, the CCSID is set to 278 (Swedish / Finnish). I originally had issues when printing standard reports where it was printing Swedish characters as strange characters, but I got around this by changing the printer file to have a specific CHRID. It seems that the CHRID is however ignored for AFP printer files. Does anyone know how to produce AFP reports using the CCSID of the job and not of the system? My AFP printer file is created from DDS.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry, please ignore this. I've found that setting the printer file to CHRID(*JOBCCSID) resolves this and I get my special characters as expected.

Comment

Working...
    X