call only one time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• call only one time

i have a clp that is called 5 times a day, i have several calls happening in this clp. One of the calls i only want to happen the first time the clp runs, how can i have this run once and then skip that call for the rest of the day?

How about a *LGL *DTAARA called RAN_TODAY that gets set it to false by a job scheduler entry every day at midnight? Your CL can check that data area. If it's false, run the special code and then set the data area to true.

Comment

Create a *DTAARA that can hold current date. If *DTAARA <> current-date, call the program and set *DTAARA = current-date.

When the code runs a second time, the test will fail and the CALL won't happen. First time it runs on a new date, it'll reset. If it needs to run again on some date because of unforeseen issues, simply initialize the *DTAARA to blanks or whatever.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
      X