Clear All

• ehillbama57
    replied
    That worked!!!! Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• Herb...
    replied
    Good questions.

Place the -vvv directly following the "sftp" and the number of v's determines the amount of detail in your log

for very verbose logging use -vvv
    spawn sftp -vvv and then the other sftp parameters and environment variables

for basic logging use -v
    spawn sftp -v and then the other sftp parameters and environment variables

You do not need a separate "spawn sftp" command to set the detail level; it is a parameter within the one sftp command...HOWEVER...once you resolve whatever it is that you're dealing with that requires -vvv level of detail, you may want to back off to -v level of detail going forward.

Leave a comment:

• ehillbama57
    replied
    This is the current command:

"spawn sftp $username@$hostname"

Would I put the -vvv after the "$hostname" or befor the "$username"? Would I need another "spawn sftp" command just for the -vvv?

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Herb...
    replied
    Check in your "expect" script for a "spawn sftp" command. Put the "-vvv" on that command to cause sftp to create a verbose log.

Leave a comment:

• ehillbama57
    replied
    Meant to say the &USEPATH is the path to the IFS that holds the built SFTP statements.

Leave a comment:

• ehillbama57
    started a topic QP2SHELL Verbose

QP2SHELL Verbose

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.....

I have a simple QP2SHELL call for an SFTP upload that is working great but I do need to get the log in verbose. I know I can use -vvv but do not know where it goes in the scheme of things.

This is my QP2SHELL call now:

CALL PGM(QP2SHELL) PARM('/QOpenSys/usr/local/bin/expect' '-f' &USEPATH)

where the &USEPATH is the built SFTP statements.

I know it has to be simple but I've tried in different places in the parms and keep getting errors or no verbose. I'm testing this with a simple list (LS) SFTP command.

Thanks for any assistance!!!!
Working...
X