Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRINT SCREEN of DSPF

Hello,

I need to create a function to take a print screen for the display file on Spool (to be redirected to a printer) shown to user via a function key.
    I read about the PRINT keyword on the IBM information center, I'm sure that I'm not using it properly and so it doesn't produce any spool.

an alternative; what i think; would be to write to the QSYSPRT from program using the DSPF record format.. or create a PRTF which can relect the DSPF.
    But I'd really like to avoid doing those and rather use this PRINT function of DSPF.

thanks to please help.

regards,

Re: PRINT SCREEN of DSPF

If your display file has the "Print"

Code:
    A                                      PRINT
    in the dspf, you only have to hit the host print, then you get a spool of the screen.

The spool produced is always called QSYSPRT.
    Attached Files
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Works great.. thank You

Comment

Best of Luck with that
        What happened to the hike?

gls
        The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

bad knee. Its a good knee but it wouldn't go more than a month. I also just got my first pair of reading glasses. my youth is official gone.

Comment

Thank you for the inputs.

the print is needed to be available via a function key. I'm looking at ways to do it via STRCPYSCN or the RPG API of QsnReadScr.
            But problem is that RPG API method looks complicated given strict time constraints and the STRCPYSCN method has a drawback that it invokes 3 additional screens for user.
            1 to ask user feedback to allow recording of screen, next to show recording has started and at end information that recording has ended.
            Any ways around to do the STRCPYSCN in batch after function key with minimal user input ?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
            X