DFU Source code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFU Source code

I have been tasked with modernizing some old DFU/QRY syntax. Scanning the code i find the following commands and clauses;
    AUDIT : ADDDLT(), CHANGE(), KEYCHG(), PRTADDS(), PRTCHGS(), PRTDLTS(),
    DFUAPP : DSPSIZ(), FILE(), TITLE(),
    DTAFLD : AUTODUP(), DFTSPC(), DISPLAY(), EDTCDE(), EXITRQD(), FIELD(), INPUT(), LABEL(), LBLLOC(), NEWLINE(), SPACE(),
    DTAFMT : CHNFMTID(), FMTDSC(), FMTID(), MLTRCD(), ONEFLD(), RCDFMT(),
    OUTPUT : COVER(), DBLSPC(), HEAD(),
    QRYAPP : FILE(), SECFILE(), TITLE(),
    QRYFLD : DFTSPC(), EDTCDE(), FIELD(), LABEL(), PRTCHG(), SECFLD(), SECKEY(), SPACE(), SUM(),
    QRYFMT : RCDFMT(), SECFMT(),
    RCDSEL : LOGIC(),
    RCDSMP :
    SORT : EJECT(), FIELD(), SPACE(), SUBTOT(),
    TEST : EXDVAL(), FIELD(), REL(),
    VLDFLD : EXDVAL(), FIELD(), REL(),
    I cannot for the life of me find a manual ANYWHERE that describes these commands.
    Does anyone have a link to a resource that might document this stuff?
    Most of these i can sort of derive their function from their name/clause but some are a bit cryptic
    Any help at all is very much appreciated

Just in case someone is trying to find the old DFU manual ... It's in the "IBM Publications Center" here: https://www.ibm.com/resources/public...bID=SC09177300. Click on "Download via HTTP" in the PDF row.

But, sorry blinkok, it isn't much help at all. I searched the PDF for a few of the commands and clauses you listed, and didn't get any hits.

What command do you use to compile(?) the source code?

Comment

Thank you very much for your input. Unfortunately i do not have access to the original machine so I do not know how it is compiled.

Comment

You do not compile DFU programs from source code, as we are accustomed to doing with RPG, COBOL, C, etc. Instead you select option 2 of the DFU menu and answer the questions on the screen. The system builds a program object and a display file.

Comment

These files are referenced in the CL using CHGDTA and UPDDTA commands
          The CHGDTA and UPDDTA commnds are prefixed by SYS38 (SYS38/CHGDTA)
          Is it possible that it parses the files on the fly?

Comment

Working...
          X