Page Segments and *ROTATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Segments and *ROTATION

I have a page segment I'm generating from Excel and an IBM 4028 AFP printer driver. It looks fine when I put it into an *AFPDS print file document. However, I need it rotated to the left, and when I specify (*ROTATION 270) it disappears from my document no matter what I try. (v5r3)

So, I'd like advice on whichever of two approaches might work. 1) Is there a way to get the *ROTATION to work? Or, 2) Is there a way to rotate the Excel output? When I generate page segments from image programs I can rotate them before printing and have not had to use the *ROTATION option.

Thanks! - Steve

Re: Page Segments and *ROTATION

Are you trying to put it into Landscape instead of Portfolio view? If that is the case then you want to rotate 90. see if that works. I have a theory of why the 270 isn't working but its sunday, and i don't feel like thinking it out
    Your future President
    Bryce

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

The form itself is portrait. At the bottom we have a shipping label which is sideways in relation to the rest of the label. We currently have other page segments which print correctly, but were generated already-rotated by graphics programs. I was just hoping to use Excel to generate this page segment but can't get it to rotate. (Text in that area is rotated 270ยบ by the DDS without problem.)

I can always display the Excel output, copy it into a graphics program, rotate it there and generate a page segment, but the image quality suffers more than we'd like.

Thanks again for suggestions!

Comment

Surely replying to a 5 year old thread is silly, but I found this while looking for the solution to a related problem and thought someone might benefit.

I have encountered this same problem in the past and found that the page segment created from excel was a full 8 1/2 by 11 page and rotating it caused the part of that page I wanted to attempt to print off the edge of the visible page. Creating a page segment the same size as the element I was using fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X