ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The prototype for the call is not defined.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The prototype for the call is not defined.

I am getting this error message when I compile my program:

018406 The prototype for the call is not defined.

My call procedure is set up like this:
    Code:
    0184.06      MQGET( HCONN  : HOBJ   : MSGDSC : GMO : %Size(Buffer:*all) :  
    0184.07            PBUFFER : DATLEN : CMPCOD : REASON) ;
    My external procedure is set up like this:
    Code:
         D******************************************************************                  
         D**  MQGET Call -- Get Message                                   **                  
         D******************************************************************                  
         D*                                                                                   
         D*..1....:....2....:....3....:....4....:....5....:....6....:....7..                  
         DMQGET            PR                  EXTPROC('MQGET')                               
         D* Connection handle                                                                 
         D HCONN                         10I 0 VALUE                                          
         D* Object handle                                                                     
         D HOBJ                          10I 0 VALUE                                          
         D* Message descriptor                                                                
         D MSGDSC                       364A                                                  
         D* Options that control the action of MQGET                                          
         D GMO                          100A                                                  
         D* Length in bytes of the BUFFER area                                                
         D BUFLEN                        10I 0 VALUE                                          
         D* Area to contain the message data                                                  
         D PBUFFER                         *   VALUE                                          
         D* Length of the message                                                             
         D DATLEN                        10I 0                                                
         D* Completion code                             
         D CMPCOD                        10I 0          
         D* Reason code qualifying CMPCOD               
         D REASON                        10I 0
    I can't figure out why it is giving me that message. Please advise.

DAC

Re: The prototype for the call is not defined.

You have a variable that is not defined. The compiler assumes that since it is not a variable, then it is a procedure call, and it cannot find the prototype. Make sure all your variables are defined, and this message should go away.
    "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Re: The prototype for the call is not defined.

Hi,

&#37;Size returns the number of bytes occupied by the field. You declared 5th parameter in your proto type as a pointer, so type mismatch error will come.
      I have a question , you received "The prototype for the call is not defined" error only or any other errors. If other error exits look it out the other errors.

Thanks
      R Babu

Comment

Working...
      X