Help with CALLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with CALLP

I think I have got to the bottom of this.

I've created the program and files I needed on our dev system here (OS v5.3) and compiled, it compiled first time.

My AS/400 at home is v5.2.

Tried compiling the program down to v5.2 and it worked ok, tried compiling it down to v5.1 and I got the same errors again.

When I get home I'll check what the default OS level is when compiling programs (and I'm certain it will be set to *PRV).

Thanks for your help on this guys.

Comment

Originally posted by arrow483 View Post
      Why would you need a SETLL if you are doing a CHAIN anyway ? SETLL is usualy used with READ.
      I meant I need to replace my SetLL with a chain (why use two lines of code when I can use 1?).

I've started a project which I am forcing myself to use /free instead of formed Ile, hence some of the noobish questions so far.

I'm sure I'll have lots more before I am done!

Comment

Originally posted by arrow483 View Post
        The LPEX editor is part of Websphere Development Studio Client, and is shipped at "no exta charge" if you bought any compiler (such as RPG, etc). It is a seperate set of disks and installs on the PC. You should ask your IBM rep or BP to order the release 7 set of disks (no charge). This replaces SEU, RLU, SDA, etc and allows interactive editing of virually any source member, along with various web tools.
        REPLACES ? or offers an alternative ?
        Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

REPLACES ? or offers an alternative ?
          It's marketed as a replacement, but, yes, its an alternative. But the functions I was referring to (one-button convert to free-form, bif syntax prompting, etc) are simply not available in SEU. It has way more functions that just those, and for a "new" programmer, I think its a must-have.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisL View Post
            I've started a project which I am forcing myself to use /free instead of formed Ile, hence some of the noobish questions so far.

I'm sure I'll have lots more before I am done!
            IMHO, the best way to learn is to write it in formatted RPGLE, then run it through the source converter in WDSC. It won't convert every last line, but it will do the basics for you (like SetLL & ReadE). And it's a great way to learn!
            "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Working...
            X