AS400 Memory and architecture for beginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JonBoy,
    I find that it is a very fine explanation you gave on this issue.

Comment

Thanks Peder. Let's hope the OP finds it useful.

Comment

Hi, We are doing a best service of IBM iseries,pseries and as400.
        For further queries and installation you can visit our website. Midrange Solutions

Our experience since 1985 gives us a unique insight to providing the user community with robust and cost effective solutions. We have been an IBM Business Partner since 1989. midrange-usa.com Information System Solutions, IBM Business Partner AS/400 Based in New York, New Jersey,and Pennsylvania.Hardware and Software.A Single-Source Provider of World- Class AS/400 Consulting Since 1990. Responsive Service.Midrange specializes in Infrastructure design since 2001. Almost two decades.

Comment

I feel I need to come to Just Passing's defense. He wants to know everything he can about the AS/400 (msgid's CPFnnnn still abound from the S/38, so don't gush about IBM marketing's ad infinitum, ad nauseam name changes). If he feels he needs to know, then he needs to know. Don't tell him that most RPG programmers are satisfied with knowing mush less. He is one that wants to get it right the first time.

IBM published program logic manuals for the S/360 which explained in detail the workings on the OS. They distributed copies of the OS code on microfiche. But they don't do this for their latest mid-range OS. So I agree with Barbara. Try your best and learn by finding your mistakes. Most of my answers I have found in IBM publications, available free on-line.

Comment

Working...
          X