I have this RPGLE code:
    H

Dnum3 S 20P 6

/free
    num3 = 16 + 14.5 + 27.2;
    DSPLY num3;
    /end-free

*inlr = *on;

I am expecting 57.7 to display, instead I get 5,770....

I am writing another PGM that pulls decimal numbers from tables with embedded SQL. Then I am trying to get percentages....the numbers are all correct, but missing their decimal positions when displayed (during testing). So I created just this simple math to test the decimal disappearance...

What the heck?

Have you tried editing the output (e.g. %EDITC)?

Comment

I don't plan on doing a PRTF for this pgm, it is simply going to pass it's results to another pgm to do some other stuff. But I like to test the SQL results and instead of seeing 99.54% I am seeing 9954 when I use DSPLY just to see where I am....can't pass that along..

But I appreciate the response

Comment

• jtaylor___
        jtaylor___ commented
        Editing a comment
        I assume you're replying to me, but I'm confused how the PRTF comes into play. Are you saying this "Dsply (%editc(num3 :'1'));" doesn't work?

Use %char to format the number as it looks like DSPLY just shows the digits in the value with no formatting.
      DSPLY %char(num3); will show the 'real' value.

Comment

• JonBoy
        JonBoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup - what Scott said. DSPLY will not honor decimals etc. when asked to display a numeric. You need to use %Char for simplicity - or %EditC if you want to control the number of decimals displayed.

Thank you...works great

Comment

Working...
      X