ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XML over HTTP documentation for novices??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML over HTTP documentation for novices??

Hello all...

I'm struggling and figure this is the best place to come for solution. Under "normal" circumstances, I code in RDi (java) and produce a WSDL using SOAP. In this particular project, I am experiencing all kinds of issues and setbacks in dealing with the outside business partner. They are completely unfamiliar with using WSDL's and SOAP (they do their back end code in EDIFACT and are only familiar with XML over HTTP). I am tasked with having to "retrofit" my code into theirs although they provided no schemas (I had to write them myself based on their EDIFACT specifications!), no classes for their elements (again I had to write them myself), and no XML for the finished "product" for me to work off of, yet I have to conform to their specifications. Needless to say, it's been a rough road for me since I'm pretty much still a novice even though I've been doing this for almost a full year now. I am very unfamiliar with XML over HTTP and have been doing a lot of reading about it but what I really need is some documentation that will explain (preferably in non technical terms) how to take my schemas and java code from RDi and create the XML over HTTP that will hopefully work with their GUI front end.

Does anyone have any good reference books they can suggest? Or good websites that provide step by step instructions for novices? I realize that this methodology is going to be much more time consuming to code and create than what I'm used to but I need to find a way to communicate with this business partner and I'm thinking this might be the easiest way.

Also, can I still use my RDi code or will I need to create the classes, schema and java code in some other way?

Thanks again for any information.

Caren
Working...
X