Create Web Service on IBMi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Web Service on IBMi

This is my first jump into creating an incoming web service on our IBMi box. I have created the IWS server with no problems. I have my program created and created the deployment service. I ran a test and all works well except:

Part of my response data back to the requestor is an array. It is being returned ok but I have the dimensions of the array set at 20. The way it is getting returned now is there are many blanks elements being returned.

I created another deployment service using SQL and chose the "SQL result type = multi-row result set". This works like I want in that only the populated elements are returned but we have a convoluted pricing system that will need to call multiple programs to return the correct price. So I'm going to need to use the program option.

Hope this makes perfectly good non-sense.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

When RPG generates PCML, it hard-codes the "count" attribute for the array. But you can designate another parameter to have the "count" for the array.

I think this page will help to show you how to do that. https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/i...ver/index.html

Comment

Barbara,

Exactly what I needed. Thanks for the link!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X