IWS and REGEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWS and REGEX

My incoming web service has one input. A part number that can be up to 30 characters. The part number is alphanumeric and can have dashes, periods, or embedded spaces. When I'm deploying my IWS service I have this defined as my URI path template:

PHP Code:
    /{mpart:([a-zA-Z0-9-\.\s]+)} 
    When I attempt to run the web service passing a part number with an imbedded blank in it, I get a "403 Forbidden" error. Any part with no imbedded blanks works fine.

In my research I thought the "\s" would take care of that. I also tried "␣" and just a single space. Nothing else seems to work.

This is my SoapUI screen for a part (hp 1750) with a space and my error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Space URI.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	157126

And without a space (20275) which works perfectly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Non-Space URI.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	157127

Parts with dashes and periods work great. Just embedded blanks are giving me problems.

Any help for this complete novice?

Thanks!!!

Spaces are not usdually valid in URLs and should be replaced with either %20 or + depending on the type of encoding the endpoint expects
    So you might want to try "/web/services/iteminq/hp%201750" or "/web/services/iteminq/hp+1750"

The Javascript function encodeURIComponent() is used for sanitising values to make them URL safe, and will use %20
    I forget the equivalent in Java, and it uses +

Most decent endpoint softwares will accept either, I don't know if that's true for the IBM i

Comment

Thanks! Got it working now!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Comment

Working...
        X