Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP_SendMail with attachment

Hi All,

I want to ask regarding attachment filename using SMTP_SendMail.
    I already successfully send attachment but the filename received is not same, there is '3D' letters added in front of the filename.
    I send attachment filename 7771.ZIP, but attachment filename received become 3D7771.ZIP
    Here is the capture :

#) Filename received
    Click image for larger version

Name:	email attachment received.png
Views:	242
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	158161

#) Code

Name:	coding statement.png
Views:	197
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	158162

#) Debug - hexa

Name:	body_hexa.png
Views:	209
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	158163

Thanks and Regards,
    Randy

It sounds like something is (incorrectly) converting it to quoted-printable format.

Comment

Yes Scott, character 3D looks like hexadecimal ascii for quotes (").
      I already try change the filename, but nothing works.
      Is there any clue what should I check or debug?

Thanks and Regards

Comment

No, 3D is the equal sign (=) character in ASCII.

In the email format known as "quoted printable" (please do not confuse this with "quotes") values can be escaped by =XX (where XX is the hex code).

So 'filename=7771.zip' if escaped as quoted-printable would be 'filename=3D7771.zip' which sounds like what's happening in your case.

I do not know why that would happen, I can only guess that something is wrong with the way you're formatting your message -- or that there's some other email software involved that is buggy.

Comment

Hi Scott,

What should I check regarding "I can only guess that something is wrong with the way you're formatting your message"?
          I want to try to start checking from that if you have any guidance (maybe related coding format, etc).

Thanks and Regards

Comment

I would send a message from an established mail client like Thunderbird or Outlook and compare it to one that you generated to see what might be different.

Comment

Hi Scott..

I'm back, I cannot send to other mail client for now because the connection is not opened.
              So, I tried to commtrace to mail server ip.
              I can't find anything wrong, here is the capture :

Name:	image.png
Views:	141
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	158294

Regards

Comment

I've not seen an email program where all of the headers are in capital letters. But, perhaps that doesn't matter.

Your content-type is wrong. There's no such content-type as "*ZIP", and it shouldn't have blanks after the content-type.

That's what I can tell with 5 seconds of looking at your screenshot... like I said before, I would try generating the same email from a trusted email client and comparing what it generates to what you are generating.

Comment

Thank you Scott for your help...
                  Really really appreciate it..

Thanks and Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X