Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Proxy ? using AS400 & Apache

Question in a nutshell

Does IBM, on a AS400 running Apache, support the "ProxyHTMLURLMap" directive? If so, where is it documented and if not, is there anything else I can use to get the same functionality?

A little more detail

We are running an extranet for our customers on an AS400. We are running Apache on the 400, utilizing rpg-cgi. This 400 sits in our DMZ outside of our internal network, for security reasons. We have just started running a report writer on a Microsoft based server for data warehousing purposes. That server sits inside our secure network. We would like to execute some of those reports directly from the extranet. Internally, you can get to the reports through a browser, as the backend server is also a webserver. The backend server generates regular webpages just fine.

So, we changed the config of the extranet website AS400 to be a reverse proxy server and pass the requests to the other server. We used the "ProxyPass" and "ProxyPassReverse" directives. So far, so good. When you select the request on our Extranet "menu" page, the request does execute on the backend server just fine, the extranet server then sends the generated page back to the user's browser. But when the page is displayed in the browser, the graphics that rely on links back to the graphics files on the backend server do not display. All you see is the little red "X", meaning it could not be found.

I looked at the generated page source and saw that the url's in the source for the graphics are relative links, relative to the backend server. They do not have any dsn name in it. For example, the url in the source is "/images/gr1.jpg" instead of "http://www.mysite.com/images/gr1.jpg".

I did research on this and found that in standard Apache, when doing a reverse proxy, there two directives for Apache named "ProxyHTMLURLMap" and "SetOutputFilter" that allows you to setup "patterns" that will "fix" the urls so that they will be correct.

When I went to find these directives in the 400 Apache documentation, I could not find any reference to them. They do not seem to be supported in Apache on the AS400.

Any help would be appreciated. I would think that someone somewhere has found a work around.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Working...
X