Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening a HTML-File in the IFS with IE8@Windows 7

Hi,

I have an issue here where a customer of my company is using windows 7 (64-Bit) virtual machines with thin-clients (so the workstations consists of a screen with keyboard, but no physical computer system).
    For some features my AS400 program places a HTML-File in the IFS which is executed by a batch file what shall open the webbrowser and display a certain website.
    The customer runs in the virtual machine the IE8 and for some reason it takes about 45 seconds for the html-file to be opened.
    I installed Win7 on a local computer and could experience a similar high delay. When I change the default browser to firefox the issue doesn't occur and everything is like you would expect it (fast).

When the file is executed directly within Windows it runs fast for both browser so the origin of my problem is most likely the combination of windows7 + ifs + html + IE8.

The customer will not switch to the firefox just because of that. I really have no clue where to start. Does anyone have similar experiences and maybe a solution at hand or some ideas?

Re: Opening a HTML-File in the IFS with IE8@Windows 7

Not sure to bring a valuable reply however you should look here. Search text IFS in the document and read on as there are some Windows 7 - IBM i NetServer troubles discussed there.
    Philippe

Comment

Re: Opening a HTML-File in the IFS with IE8@Windows 7

Just tell them there's a high overhead using the Windows Internet Explorer (No matter what version) where Firefox and Chrome doesn't have it.

Comment

Working...
      X