ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPYSPLF of a spooled file with overlay to PDF in IFS. Overlay gets cut off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPYSPLF of a spooled file with overlay to PDF in IFS. Overlay gets cut off!

Hello everyone,

We're on V7R1 on our iSeries, and I'm having a problem with CPYSPLF to copy a spooled file with an overlay into the IFS, converting it to a PDF. FYI - we have installed PTF SI43471.

The document prints landscape, and looks terrific, except the overlay is cut off. If I print the spooled file the entire overlay is present. But in the PDF file the overlay stops around position 158 - 160.

Here is the print override in the CL.

OVRPRTF FILE(CSTMTPRT) TOFILE(CSTMTPRT) +
    DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) PAGESIZE(68 220) LPI(8) +
    CPI(12) OVRFLW(60) FONT(281) PAGRTT(90) +
    DUPLEX(*YES) FRONTOVL(CMLIB/AGTSTMTO 0 +
    .08) BACKOVL(CMLIB/AGTSTMTO 0 .08) +
    OUTQ(KMITCHEPRT) FORMTYPE('Agts Stmts') +
    SAVE(*YES) USRDTA(COMMSTMTW) +
    SECURE(*YES)

And here is the CPYSPLF command I'm using:

CPYSPLF FILE(CSTMTPRT) TOFILE(*TOSTMF) JOB(823273/KMITCHELL/ITKGA) SPLNBR(000014) TOSTMF('/home/kmitchell/CPYSPLFtest.pdf') WSCST(*PDF)

It all seems pretty straight forward, but I'm clueless as to why the whole overlay isn't appearing in the PDF.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kim

Re: CPYSPLF of a spooled file with overlay to PDF in IFS. Overlay gets cut off!

Hi Kim:

I don't know what the solution is but cpysplf will not copy the overlay.
    Try the same command copying to a physical file.....

There are programs (free) that will do that spltotiff or spl2tiff comes to mind but I may be mistaken on the name.

Best of Luck
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks, GLS. I've tried Help System's ESEND command CPYSPLIFS, and while I get the whole overlay, the resulting PDF is huge. So I figured I'd go with the enhanced CPYSPLF.

I appreciate your response. One question comes to mind, though -- why do I get part of the overlay? Bizarre.

Thanks again,

Kim

Comment

Change your OVRPRTF to this and try it:

OVRPRTF FILE(CSTMTPRT) TOFILE(CSTMTPRT) +
        DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) PAGESIZE(68 220) LPI(8) +
        CPI(12) OVRFLW(60) FONT(281) PAGRTT(90) +
        DUPLEX(*YES) FRONTOVL(CMLIB/AGTSTMTO 0 +
        .08) BACKOVL(CMLIB/AGTSTMTO 0 .08) +
        TOSTMF(&ISFPATH) WSCST(*PDF)

Where &IFSPATH is something similiar:
        ChgVar Var(&MyIFS) Value('/QDLS/CDBURN/' || &User)
        ChgVar Var(&IfsPath) Value(&MyIFS *TCAT '/ABSUM.PDF') <== you have to give your spool file a name and indicate the .PDF

If you have everything installed on your iSeries correctly this should work. I just got this to work a few weeks ago - mine doesn't have an overlay but from everything I read this should still work.

Comment

Thanks, NYCountryGal - it wound up being a PTF problem - we were missing PTFs SI44072 and SI43764. As soon as they were applied, everything works just great.

Comment

Working...
          X