unable to open folders in IFS via Windows Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to open folders in IFS via Windows Explorer

Either unable to open or very slow to open my IFS folders on my Iseries via windows explorer
    I have mapped my IFS which is all fine, but sometimes and lately it appears to have got quite bad.
    I can?t open any folders in the IFS. Sometimes the folder will open and I can see all the files but then can?t open a file, times out we error message ?the specified network name is no longer available?

I see the mapped drive fine, then click on it and see all the folders in the IFS, then if I click on a folder in the IFS the cursor wheel spins with message of no response, then I get an error saying ?the specified network name is no longer available?. But they are there, sometimes after this message I can go in to the folder and work on files fine.
    I have checked in the security policy editor on my PC and the settings are
    ?Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated?
    I have checked in the service webclient and it is setup to start automatically.
    I have tried a different windows browser called CubicExplorer, this is just the same.
    There must be some sort of a conflict or sharing error, as sometimes I can click in to the folders and files straight away, sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes, then once I get the error message I can get in after that.
    I?m running Version 7.1 on my Iseries
    Any help would be great.
Working...
X