Where is my file ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my file ?

I execute a CPYTOSTMF to copy a library/file/mbr to a folder on the IFS. eg /mydir tstfile.txt

The command completes with no errors. I look in "mydir" for the file and nothing is there. I execute the command a second time and there is an error "Stream file exists".

So where on earth is my file going or why is it not visible in OpsNav or similar when view the directory ?! I've looked in the "root" and my "home" directory and it's not there. My job log states that it attempts to copy file to "mydir".

It is so frustrating that what should be a simple file copy function is so cryptic.

Are you sure that you preceded the mydir with a / ?
    The normal cause of such errors is that it is omitted and the file goes into the users home directory.
    I'm assuming by the way that you meant /mydir/tstfile.txt - you omitted the / between the name portions in your original post.

Comment

If you look at the 2nd level help text on the "Object copied" message, it will tell you where it copied it to.
      Another option for a file you can't see is you may be prefixing it with a period. Unless changed, by default these are hidden from the WRKLNK display.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
        Are you sure that you preceded the mydir with a / ?
        The normal cause of such errors is that it is omitted and the file goes into the users home directory.
        I'm assuming by the way that you meant /mydir/tstfile.txt - you omitted the / between the name portions in your original post.
        Ugh, I am losing my mind. Thanks for the help.

I am so annoyed with myself that I didn't realize this was the problem.

Comment

Sometimes it just takes a second pair of eyes. 0-)

Comment

Working...
          X