Sbm'd job first time LCD to /qdls folder works, fails thereafter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sbm'd job first time LCD to /qdls folder works, fails thereafter

I have a submitted job that runs continuously and the first time through the FTP the LCD to the /qdls folder works just fine, but the next time through I get error "Error occurred when resolving a path name" on the exact same LCD command with the exact same folder/path. I think it has something to do with the job. Each new submission of the process works just fine; there a series of CL and RPG calls to get to the FTP part.

I haven't run into the problem you're describing.

Can you tell me how to reproduce it?

Have you looked into using a different file system? QDLS is always full of problems, because it's outdated legacy code.

Comment

So, I found one more thing to try (for troubleshooting) as I thought about the job stream, turns out that the it was a result of the Application (Infor XA) program that must be interfering with the IFS or /qdls or something. Basically this is an interface, a CL that wakes up every couple mins to get files off a network drive with FTP and then copy to PFs for processing into our application.
      Understood, qdls is archaic and I probably should use a new root path instead. Sorry to trouble you!

Comment

Just a thought. When you do the LCD, are you using an absolute path or a relative path?

Comment

John, it would be absolute I suppose as my statement is: > Lcd /qdls/AFDWEB/CPQORD_E

Comment

Working...
          X