X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS Object not found error

Hi All

Hope all are staying safe!!!

I have a requirement to create a text file in IFS and write log data into it.

I used SCOTT's IFSIO and IFSTEXT code to do this. To open the file, I used the below command.

Code:
    unlink(AucFileName) ;                                 
    aucfd = open(AucFileName:                             
              O_RDWR + O_CREAT + O_TEXTDATA :             
              S_IRUSR + S_IWUSR + S_IXUSR +               
              S_IRGRP + S_IWGRP + S_IXGRP +               
              S_IROTH + S_IWOTH + S_IXOTH);
    With this, I was successfully able to create the file and I used write() function to add content into the txt file.

Code:
    linelen = %len(%trimr(line));         
    writeLine(aucfd:%addr(Line):linelen);
    My file looks something like this in the IFS.

To view, the below text file, I had to do WRKLNK '/home/user', press ENTER, scroll down till I find TMP20200531.TXT and press 5 to open the file.
    PHP Code:
     Browse : /home/user/TMP20200531.TXT                                                   
     Record 
    :       1   of      92 by  18                      Column :    1    200 by 131     
     Control 
    :                                                                                 

....+...
    .1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8....+....9.
    Beginning of data**************                                               
    Test Log for the servers
    Date
    05/31/20     Time18.40.22                                                          
    -------- Auction IBMi -------                                                              
    SUCCESS Ping Result for Server1
    SUCCESS 
    Ping Result for Server2                                                            
    SUCCESS 
    Ping Result for Server3                                                          
    FAILURE 
    Ping Result for Server4                                                         
    SUCCESS 
    Ping Result for Server5                                                          
    SUMMARY 
    4/5 server responses are SUCCESS 
    Even though, I was able to write successfully into the IFS text file, I could not access the file directly using WRKLNK command.

When I used WRKLNK on the /home/user/TMP20200531.TXT. I am getting Object not found error.

I wanted to use this file as an attachment in SNDSMTPEMM command to send it via email. I am getting the below error.

PHP Code:
    Integrated File System File Not Found
    After giving all access to the file using the MODE flags, I am not sure like what to do. Can anyone please suggest me a solution for my issue?

Best guess is that you have spaces at the end of your file name. i.e. it is ...TXTbbbb...bbb

I don';t have the protos for Scott's routines handy but check how they are defined and what you are passing. Check if AucFileName is a Varchar and if so if you used %TrimR to load it. If it is a fixed char field then use %Trim on the call to open().

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
      Best guess is that you have spaces at the end of your file name. i.e. it is ...TXTbbbb...bbb

I don';t have the protos for Scott's routines handy but check how they are defined and what you are passing. Check if AucFileName is a Varchar and if so if you used %TrimR to load it. If it is a fixed char field then use %Trim on the call to open().
      Excellent.. Thats the issue.. Now it worked perfect.. Thank you very much for your quick response!!!!

Comment

• JonBoy
        JonBoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad it worked out for you.

The first parameter of the open() prototype is a good place to use OPTIONS(*STRING:*TRIM).

Comment

Working...
      X