Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ewood1rpg
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your response! It was indeed a CCSID problem. I changed the root directory of /usr/local/bin to 819 then re-extracted as per the below

CALL QP2TERM
    $ cd /tmp
    $ uncompress tcl.8.4.9.tar.Z
    $ uncompress expect.5.43.tar.Z
    $ cd /
    $ tar xf /tmp/tcl.8.4.9.tar
    $ tar xf /tmp/expect.5.43.tar
    $ ln -s /qopensys/usr/bin/stty /usr/local/bin/stty

It now works perfectly!

• Scott Klement
    replied
    The PASE environment runs Unix programs and scripts, and they aren't going to understand EBCDIC, so you can't use ccsid 285.

Leave a comment:

• ewood1rpg
    started a topic Configuring EXPECT and TCL on IBMi

Configuring EXPECT and TCL on IBMi

Hello,
    I have been configuring SFTP on a new IBMi.

It works great on the current IBMi (Installed many many years ago!) . On the new system when the script is executed i receive the below error:

001-0050 Syntax error on line 1: token ")" not expected.

The script is as follows:

PATH=£PATH:/usr/local/bin && expect -f /Aquatmp/exp_236953.inp

This same error occurs whatever I enter for the file parameter, even junk characters or leave it blank so i do not think its an issue with the script.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I am guessing its a character translation issue or perhaps an issue with the installation of EXPECT/TCL tools?.

On the working IBMi the /usr/local/bin folder has a ccsid of 819 but on the new system it is set at 285. Could this be the issue?

I thought I had installed Expect and TCL correctly as i downloaded expect.5.43.tar.Z and tcl.8.4.9.tar.Z. Uncompressed them both via QSH and ran "tar xf".

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Working...
X