Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSV file

Hi,

Is it possible to change Semicolon instead of Comma in CSV file, If yes, then how, any program example to do the same please?

Thanks...

i mean in field delimiter field can we use semicolon instead of comma ( in CPYTOIMPF Command)?

if yes, then how ?

Thanks..

Comment

Cpytoimpf ... Flddlm(';') ...

Comment

will system accept it as i can see just 3 acceptable values * tab, ',' and a character value so will ;(semicolon) be accepted as charater value by this command or it would fail?

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by John192 View Post
          will system accept it as i can see just 3 acceptable values * tab, ',' and a character value so will ;(semicolon) be accepted as charater value by this command or it would fail?

Thanks...
          Why don't you try it and see what happens? Then you'll know.

Comment

but even if it work if we change Semicolon instead of Comma in CSV file then also will it be called a CSV file?

Any example to test it please?

Thanks..

Comment

"CSV" is the file extension, regardless of the data separator in the file. I generally prefer PIPE delimiter '|' because it's less likely to also be embedded in the data the way commas and semicolons might be.

Comment

One of our suppliers uses a double dagger . It ends up as EBCDIC x'3F' in our programs. :-)

PS: Scott Klement’s CSV Utility is a great help in dealing with CSV files in RPGLE.

Comment

i have a csv file but when trying to download it to local desktop it's format is not coming properly any idea what to correct so that it should have correct format in terms of avoiding junk values in this file.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X