ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating a directory object for first time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a directory object for first time.

I made a posting a little while back regarding a 3401 error we were getting. We resolved that with the help of IBM and a WebEx meeting. The issue was a missing '/' at the beginning of the path to the object being used in the program.

However, today there was another occurrence of the 3401 error in a new users joblog. Discovered that the object in question was created by the programmer during testing of a new process. The programmer had *RWX authority but *PUBLIC had *NONE. Once I changed *PUBLIC to *RWX, the issue was resolved.

I doubt this would have been changed by the programmer to prevent access during testing as we have a separate authority checking process that would grant or deny access to menu options.

How does the *PUBLIC profile receive *NONE for authority when creating a new object?

Michael.
    Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

If the DTAAUT and OBJAUT parameters on the CRTDIR command are not given a specific value, the default for both is *INDIR, which means use the public authority from the directory that the new directory is created in.

Comment

Thank you Brian.
      Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

Comment

Working...
      X