CHGSIGNON Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHGSIGNON Command

Not sure exactly where to put this but it does affect the Sign On screen so here goes....

For years I have used the CHGSIGNON command to add announcements and such to our IBM AS/400 (aka IBM i ) system. Done countless IPLs without a problem, IPL'd over the weekend and the sign on screen defaulted to the IBM standard. The command CHGSIGNON still works but no longer updates the signon screen. I searched for articles and info on the CHGSIGNON command to no avail. Seems the IBM info is gone.

I am sure I got this tip from one of the old AS/400 magazines but nothing turns up online. Anyone remember how to turn this screen on?

Thank you for any help!

I've never heard or used of the CHGSIGNON, but the signon DSPF is attached to the interactive subsystem. If there was a customization done that stopped working, 1 of several things happened. 1) the DSPF was replaced with a default version. OR 2) The subsystem was changed to use a different DSPF. OR 3) Users are using a different interactive subsystem. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X