Need help with a printer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a printer issue

Not sure if this is the right section of the forum. We have an iSeries on version 5.4.0 trying to print to an HP Laserjet pro M404DN Every print job that goes to that printer starts with a page that is blank except for the letter E at the top corner. Do any of you know how to stop that blank page printing?

There is in-depth information about setting up printers from HP here:
    This document contains information on the capabilities that are supported on printer hardware from Hewlett-Packard (HP). It also indicates whether each printer model is likely to work when printing from the IBM Power Systems.

I don't know if the M404DN is listed there (I'm not familliar with that particular printer) but sometimes you have to pick another model that is "close enough"

Comment

Thanks Scott. I'll check out that link. Good to see you are still around. I heard you had health issues. I used to be on this forum some years ago. I remember you from back then.

Comment

Originally posted by matrix123 View Post
        Thanks Scott. I'll check out that link. Good to see you are still around. I heard you had health issues. I used to be on this forum some years ago. I remember you from back then.
        Hello. I know this is an old post, but did you ever get it working? We have similar model printers out in the field. PCL 5/6 driver works if connected via USB with printer session. If printer is IP-based, using *IBMSNMPDRV for 'System driver program' for device description also works great.

Comment

Originally posted by LiQuiD_FuSioN View Post

Hello. I know this is an old post, but did you ever get it working? We have similar model printers out in the field. PCL 5/6 driver works if connected via USB with printer session. If printer is IP-based, using *IBMSNMPDRV for 'System driver program' for device description also works great.
          I'm having this problem with newer printers. Not sure where to find device description or system driver program to try the *IBMSNMPDRV as quoted above.

Comment

Working...
          X