Go LICPGM option 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go LICPGM option 11

How do I know what system options I can install and what is included in my AS400 license?

I am new to the company and need to install options to the 57XXSS1 product, and I don't know if I have to pay for them.
    • Option 8 i5/OS -- AFP(TM) Compatibility Fonts
    • Option 13 i5/OS -- System Openness Includes
    • Option 39 i5/OS -- International Components for Unicode

I'm not sure exactly where to find out if OS options are chargeable or not (hopefully Google can help with that), but the three you listed are no extra charge (I have them installed on my system).

Comment

• ProfAs400
      ProfAs400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

What version is your system?

See if the "Requires a software license key" column is what you are looking for.

Comment

• ProfAs400
      ProfAs400 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay,

This link is for V7R3M0 version, but my AS400 is on V5R4M0 version.

For my version the license requirements are the same?

I'm on 7.3 but it should work the same way for 5.4.

Comment

I suspect it will be the same, however you can use the drop down to select v5r4. However, as this is no longer supported you will only be able to view PDFs. The information is in the Install, upgrade, or delete i5/OS and related software PDF. You should be able to search for media labels and their contents as I don't believe that has changed in many versions.

Comment

Hopefully you don't need to pay anything extra... you haven't been able to buy licenses for 5.4 since 2011!

Comment

Thank you all,

I'm going to find the system cartridge and try to install the options.
          I have not installed anything for many years.

Hope you don't need to reboot.

Comment

Working...
          X