Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How configure OKIES7170 lan printer on IBM i

Hi all

i would need to configure an OKIES7170 but i have problems ... following this link https://archive.midrange.com/midrang.../msg00931.html, i'm able to print *SCS spool file but not *AFPDS with overlay
    anybody use this printer o similar with spool file AFPS with overlay or can help me to understand how to configure it (lan printer !!)
    Thanks in advance

I've never set up any Oki printers, and have absolutely no experience with them. You haven't provided much information at all, really just the model number and a link to a Midrange.com post -- and I have no idea if the printer in that post is similar to yours.

So what I did is a quick Google search for OKI ES7170. I found this page:

The page says that it is a multifunction copier/printer/scanner/fax, and there is a link there to the technical specifications sheet:

The spec sheet says that it supports LPR, SNMP, Port9100, PCL5e, PCL6 (and a lot of other things that aren't relevant here).

Going back Midrange.com post that you link to, it is also using port 9100, the original post suggests *HPPJLDRV, but the follow-up post says *IBMSNMPDRV. You will want to make sure you are using *IBMSNMPDRV since the specifications specifically say SNMP.

The Midrange.com post is for a differnt printer and uses MFRTYPMDL(*OKI321IBM), so I looked that up on IBM's site, here:
    This document contains information on the capabilities that are supported on printer hardware from Okidata and OKI Printing Solutions. It also indicates whether each printer model is likely to work when printing from the IBM System i products.

It appears trhat the *OKI321IBM driver is for the OKI Microline protocol, it is NOT for PCL5e/PCL6. So that would not be a good fit, here.

Back at IBM's site, I looked for other Oki printers that are PCL5e/PCL6 and there are many of them. You'd want to pick the one that's closest to yours -- but, I have no idea which of these printers is close to yours. Most of them seem to either use *LEXOPTRAT or *HP6, though. So I'd try changing the MFRTYPMDL to each of those and see which one works better.

I'm explaining all of the steps I took so that you will, I hope, know how to do the research yourself in the future. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X