Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400 V5R1 Upgrade to V6R1

Hello everyone,
    I'm new in this forum and in AS400. I wanna know what would be the processes/procedures in doing an upgrade. I have really no idea about it. Let's say I applied all necessary PTFs, what should I do next and so on? Thanks everyone.
    Good day and God bless us all!

Randy Almarez

Re: AS400 V5R1 Upgrade to V6R1

Before anything else, please verify that you are asking about "V5R1" being upgraded to IBM i 6.1, and it wasn't just a typo. If it was a typo, what is the actual current version/release?

And if it was not a typo, please provide your system model. I'm not aware of any model that ran V5R1 and that could be upgraded all the way to 6.1 (though there might be some, I suppose).
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

The only upgrade path IBM supported was next release or skip 1 release so you will never find any IBM documentation on upgrading from V5R1 to 6.1 as that doesn't fit the supported criteria (not that any of them are supported now anyway) - the supported would be V5R1 -> V5R3 -> 6.1.

Would you have any problems going from V5R1 directly to 6.1? Maybe... maybe not.

Comment

Working...
      X