X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to call a .NET application from a CL program

Morning All.

Newbie to forum here.

Is there any examples out there how to invoke a .NET application from a CL program. Our users wish to from their iSeries screen call a program that will invoke a .NET application to input additional data.

If you can please share some example code how this can be done, will be greatly appreciated.

Here is an example of using STRPCCMD from client access (you have to be using this, Rumba will not work)

Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Of the dozens of 5250 emulators out there, why did you single out Rumba as one that won't work? STRPCCMD always worked in Rumba when I used Rumba (which, granted, was more than 10 years ago...)

Comment

it was the last non CA one that i had used, a long time ago.

Comment

For the record, the vast majority of 5250 emulators support STRPCCMD, including Rumba. I'm guessing that you tried this back in the early 1990's or something like that...

Having said that, whether using STRPCCMD is a good solution (or not) hasn't been established. It is very simple, but provides no feedback to the caller as to whether the application was launched. Plus, it requires the CL program to be running in a 5250 session and run in an interactive job, which can be a major problem.

Comment

Since this is a .net I assume it is running on a windows server. You could configure remote commands to work then then from the cl use Run Remote Command (RUNRMTCMD) .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
              Since this is a .net I assume it is running on a windows server. You could configure remote commands to work then then from the cl use Run Remote Command (RUNRMTCMD) .
              Actually it sounds to me like they're using a 5250 app and they want to launch a Windows Forms app running on the local PC.

Comment

Working...
              X