move RTOPCB script to an NT server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• move RTOPCB script to an NT server

I run this script from my PC every day to move AS/400 PF to Excel files on a PC server. We use the Microsoft scheduler on local PC and it works fine. Today we tried to move script to an NT server and it now it has started to prompt for username/password each time. Any ideas?

[note: password is OK and it will work if I run it manually and type in username/password.]

PHP Code:
    rem use cwblogon to force a username/password temporarily into cache so script can run unattended...
    C:\Progra~1\IBM\Client~1\cwblogon.exe server /U username /P password

rem download files 
    as Excel .xls
    C
    :\Progra~1\IBM\Client~1\RTOPCB.exe F598019.dtf
    C
    :\Progra~1\IBM\Client~1\RTOPCB F598119.dtf

rem write log entry
    echo End Detail file........ %date% %time% >> history.log
    echo ------------- >> history.log 
    Last edited by itp; November 27, 2006, 01:00 PM.

Re: move RTOPCB script to an NT server

Seems too obvious but has has the user name or password changed ? I've also seen similar when the password has expired.

Comment

OK couple of questions/thoughts

1) Does it still run without problems from the original PC, and without prompting for password.

2) What was the operating system on the original PC that it worked on. I'm wondering if it failed even there but the password and user were cached and it went through as a result. Seems to stick in the back of my mind that it might be possible on 95/98 machines.

3) When you're being asked for user name and password is that for the iSeries side or the server?

Comment

OK couple of questions/thoughts

1) Does it still run without problems from the original PC, and without prompting for password.

- runs OK on original PC

2) What was the operating system on the original PC that it worked on. I'm wondering if it failed even there but the password and user were cached and it went through as a result. Seems to stick in the back of my mind that it might be possible on 95/98 machines.

- XP vs NT

3) When you're being asked for user name and password is that for the iSeries side or the server?

- iSeries side

I stumbled on this, which may help...

Comment

OK, so we know it's not a problem with the any changes on the iseries side.

Have you tried the RXFERPCB ?

If Arrow says it's the way to go, I've got alot of faith in his posts.

The other thing you might want to check for is damaged DLL files. I've been burned by those before.

Comment

Working...
          X