Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send/Receive DATAQ data from PC

Hi,

I would like to use VB6 application and have the user keyin the part# then use client access API/ACTIVEX to pass the data to the DATAQ on AS400, then get the result back from the DATAQ on AS400 and populate the result in vb6 form.

Is there any one did that kind of job before? any sample or direction that I can look into?

Thanks!

Re: Send/Receive DATAQ data from PC

A VB6 application can use ADO to connect directly to the database on the System i. Once connected, you can read an write records in a table, or remotely call a stored procedure. The IBM OLE DB provider is named "IBMDA400", and is installed as part of the Data Access add-in of iSeries Access for Windows.

Are you familiar with using ADO in VB6?
    "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Originally posted by littlepd View Post
      A VB6 application can use ADO to connect directly to the database on the System i. Once connected, you can read an write records in a table, or remotely call a stored procedure. The IBM OLE DB provider is named "IBMDA400", and is installed as part of the Data Access add-in of iSeries Access for Windows.

Are you familiar with using ADO in VB6?
      Yes, but we already have an existing AS400 programs to ask the query that send from the data queue , so we can just make use of it.

I just want to know how can I send/receive dataq info. from vb6 application.

Thanks!

Comment

Section 2.4.5
        "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Working...
        X