Zend Core pre-req's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zend Core pre-req's

We are considering installing Zend Core for future projects. Some of IBM's web sites seem to indicate 5733-SC1 as a pre-req, others don't mention it. Anyone know for sure ? We are at V5R4.

Re: Zend Core pre-req's

We installed it before installing Zend Core, I don't know if it TRUELY is a prereq, but it was on the CDs anyhow so it wasn't a big deal.

We had a huge problem with Zend Core. I'm not suggesting you will but I wanted to point it out. We had installed the 1.6 version of the engine (I have not tested this with 2.0 and you will see why). It worked famously when we installed it. I had finished my proof of concept stuff and decided I would shut down the Zend subsystem and web server. I didn't see any reason to use the resources. The Zend job went of into this loop attempting to get a socket and began to consume all available CPU. We could not end the job no matter what we tried (including ENDJOBABN). Spoke to Zend, spoke to IBM, their answer was to IPL - in the middle of a business day. No choice. So we IPL'd. And the Zend install was nice enough to put an auto start job in QSYSWRk - WHAT? So when the system came back up, so did the problem. IPL #2.

Zend later responded that they had made a change to version 2.0 that would "make the problem more difficult to reoccur". Yes, more difficult, not "we fixed it so it won't happen any more".

And like I said, I haven't loaded version 2.0 to see what happens. I plan to take a Sunday and load it and play around. Understandably, my management is a little gun shy to give me the go ahead.

Comment

Re: Zend Core pre-req's

Checking licensed programs
      Perform the following steps to check that all prerequisite licensed programs are installed on
      your system:
      1. Sign on to the i5/OS system and run the GO LICPGM command.
      Tip: Take the time to verify the prerequisites. This can eliminate most installation problems.
      Chapter 3. Administration 13
      2. On the Work with Licensed Programs display, type option 10 (Display installed licensed
      programs).
      3. Press F11 twice to display the product options.
      4. Ensure that the software listed in Table is installed.
      Software prerequisites
      Licensed
      program Option Description text
      5722SS1 *BASE i5/OS Version 5 Release 4 (V5R4)
      5722SS1 13 System Openness Includes
      5722SS1 30 Qshell
      5722SS1 33 Portable App Solutions Environment
      5722SS1 34 Digital Certificate Manager1
      5722DG1 *BASE IBM HTTP Server for i5/OS
      5722JV1 *BASE IBM Developer Kit for Java2
      5722JV1 Option 5 or 6 Java Development Kit 1.3 or 1.42
      5722SC1 *BASE IBM Portable Utilities for i5/OS
      5722SC1 Option 1 OpenSSH, OpenSSL, zlib
      1 Digital Certificate Manager is used for configuring secure sockets layer (SSL).
      2 IBM Developer Kit for Java (5722JV1) is not required to run Zend Core for i5/OS. It is required
      to support the IBM Web Administration for i5/OS tool that is shipped with IBM HTTP Server for
      i5/OS (5722DG1). The Web Administration tool is a graphical browser-based tool that you can
      use to administer HTTP servers. Java is also required if you plan to use the Java Bridge functionality
      included with Zend Platform for i5/OS (see Chapter 6, ?Java Bridge support? on page 79
      for more details).
      5. Press F3 twice to return to the main menu.

Comment

Working...
      X