DSPF in SQLRPGLE - SQL1001 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSPF in SQLRPGLE - SQL1001 error

This is the first time I was trying an SQLRPGLE program with a DSPF.
    There is no subfile involved.

This is the DSPF declaration:
    Code:
    FUT436SD   CF   E             WORKSTN INDDS(Indicators)
    The DSPF has certainly been compiled and it exists (library masked).
    Code:
    Object      Type      Library     Attribute   Text                    
    UT436SD     *FILE     *********  DSPF        ACH recurring credit car
    Yet, I get this error from the SQL precompiler:
    Code:
    SQL1001  30      10  External file definition for UT436SD not found.
    I searched around and it looked like it had something to do with the INDARA and INDDS. Putting those in also did not help.

We're on V6R1 but compilation happens on V5R4.

I found code online that had the same declarations for DSPFs within SQLRPGLE.

Why is it not recognising this DSPF?

Another interesting thing is that we use MKS Implementer as a change management system.
    It's compiling in PDM but not in MKS Implementer.
    â??No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wingsâ?? â?? William Blake

Re: DSPF in SQLRPGLE - SQL1001 error

sounds like you are trying to use SQL to extract data from the display file...which isn't a database file/table. post your SQL, etc.
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

If it compiles in PDM but not in MKS Implementer change management software, the DSPF object is likely not in the MKS *LIBL at compile time.
      Your change management administrator might be able to help....

Rico

Comment

Rico, that is what I was thinking, too. i'll get in touch with the MKS admin (although the library I have the new program checked out to is an MKS library).

Tom, in this case, although it's an SQLRPGLE, I don't have any SQL statements coded yet. I had it created as an SQLRPGLE just to be flexible enough to include SQL later (changing the attribute later is a pain here). So, I don't think that should be causing an error here.

Comment

I know that this is a simple thing - but are you sure the lib for the dspf is in the libl when you compile the program? (I have this problem every so often - but unfortunately is it rarely the first thing I check.)
          http://dk.linkedin.com/in/aliceraunsbaek

Comment

Originally posted by aliceraunsbaek View Post
            I know that this is a simple thing - but are you sure the lib for the dspf is in the libl when you compile the program? (I have this problem every so often - but unfortunately is it rarely the first thing I check.)
            It is the same, Alice. The issue is with MKS, it appears. I need to promote the file to the next level for it to be recognised by MKS as a valid object available for use.

Comment

Working...
            X