Side by side subfile windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side by side subfile windows

I have a program with two side-by-side subfile windows. They are both display only and the one on the left automatically refreshes. They were each originally separate programs - without windows - and they both auto-refreshed. Each one worked perfectly. Combining the two programs and using a 27x132 display with two subfile windows also works - almost perfectly. The one on the left refreshes and the code in the program refreshes the subfile on the right. The problem is that when they are refreshed they blink.

I have tried every combination of keywords that I can think of: keep, assume, usrrstdsp, etc. I can't find a combination that will stop the refresh blink.

Re: Side by side subfile windows

They blink .. blink...blink.. or does it just blink once during the refresh. If its just once, then it is what it is.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Just once during the refresh.

Comment

"blink" typically means that the screen is being cleared and re-drawn. You can see that instant of the screen clearing, and that looks like a "blink".

Possibly your first window clears the screen and draws it's window. Then the second window is drawn, overlaying the empty part of the screen. That would make it look like the second window is blinking.

I would look for what might be causing it to be cleared... Assuming you are redrawing the everything, there should be no need to clear it.

Comment

The problem is related to the used of windows. If I leave out the second window, the first one still blinks every time the screen refreshes. If I then remove the window keyword from that display, with no other changes, the refresh blinking stops.

Comment

anyway you can post dds and rpg of a slimmed down version of what you are doing?
            All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
            and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Working...
            X