Journal Receive Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journal Receive Issue

We have a Journal that we use RCVJRNE with.
    Code:
    RCVJRNE    JRN(&JRNLIB/&JRN) EXITPGM(MYEXIT) +       
                 FILE((XXX/YYYY) +        
                 FROMTIME(&STRDAT &STRTIM) DELAY(*NEXTENT)
    Everything seems to work fine except I think its skipping records. I know this b/c I put an audit file in the exit program to write out what the journal file and where its getting written out. Then I can manually look in the journals and see it. So I know its getting written to the journals just not "firing" the exit program or maybe its skipping records.
    Anyone else have this problem or any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

First thing needed is the controlling logic structure of the exit program. Without that, there's no way to know how all of the various signals from RCVJRNE are processed. Along with that, the journal definition is needed. A database journal would be handled a little different from the audit journal for example, and a remote journal needs other considerations.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

A wild guess since I don't use RCVJRNE much.
      RCVJRNE RCVRNG(*CURCHAIN) ?

Ringer

Comment

In the RCVRNG I eliminated lots of the open and close journal entries to "slow" it down or not process so much data. It seems to help and I was noticing a lag of 5 minutes or so after the data was created before this program would read it. Thats where I thought maybe it was too much data.

Comment

Working...
        X