Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an example of AFPRSC usage in AFPDS Printer File

Hello,

Does anyone have a working example (printer file and RPGLE source code) of their use of the AFPRSC format keyword for AFPDS printer files?

I?d like to see any working examples so I can understand how to use this keyword. My specific needs are surrounding a multipage TIFF image, but again I?d like to see ANY working examples.

I cannot get it to work.

Thanks!

This is a big black hole in IBM...good luck getting any support thru IBM for anything AFPDS-related.

On a prior release (V5R4) I was able to get a TIFF file printed *once* but none of the other common formats ever seemed to work.
    I eventually dropped this methodology and handed all graphic-related printing over to the PC guys...

There used to be a guy named Rodney (an AFPDS guru) that hung out on the News Group: comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc
    But I haven't see him post in a long time

We're now at V6R1...I just tried printing something simple...but it didn't work:

AFPRSC('3808.pdf' +
    *PDFSPO 1.0 1.0 +
    (*PATH '/Images'))

BTW, its likely that the GOCA and IOCA formats will work but you need to be a rocket scientist to generate images in these formats
    --or-- have some sort of magical wand to convert standard images to these proprietary IBM formats...

I wish you the very best of luck.

Comment

I'm trying to do the same thing and I'm getting:

CPD6F8C error:
      Message . . . . : The requested resource name syntax is not valid.
      Cause . . . . . : A resource name with syntax that is not valid was
      specified for DDS keyword AFPRSC on record format IMAGE for file AFP3000PRT
      in library PROD04105. The AFPRSC DDS keyword is ignored.
      Recovery . . . : Specify a resource name that does not contain characters
      that can be interpreted as path name delimiters and whose length is valid.

Note that my resource name is "BDR3.jpg" - seems like this should work??

Have you had any luck JeffBianchi ??

Comment

I have been using this for a year with TIFFs and JPEGs. I use it for a logo letterhead and to place a signature on an letter.

The biggest issues that I encountered while trying to implement are:
        The image must be 24 bit or less and cannot have any compression.
        I think the source image might also have to be smaller than the page size or it won't scale down.
        I cannot get PDFs to work. I speculate that it has something to do with enhancements in PDFs in the last 10-15 years.

Comment

Working...
        X