Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSGW in HTTPAPIR4

Hello Scott Klement,
    There are couple of MSGW recently started happening in Production in HTTPAPIR4. These programs were running fine in Production for atleast 4 months without any issue.

Following are the error details:
    1. Pointer not set for location referenced. Function check. MCH3601 unmonitored by HTTPAPIR4 at statement 0000004844, instruction X'0000'.
    Call stack: Program -> HTTP_PERSIST_REQ -> DO_OPER -> SENDREQ -> COMMTCP_BLOCKWRITE

2. Space offset X'00FFF000' or X'0000000000000000' is outside current limit for object MYJOBNAME JOBUSER JOBNUMBER. Function check. MCH3601 unmonitored by HTTPAPIR4 at statement 0000004880, instruction X'0000'.
    Call stack: Program -> HTTP_URL_POST -> HTTP_URL_POST_RAW -> HTTP_PERSIST_POST -> HTTP_PERSIST_REQ -> DO_OPER -> SENDDOC -> COMMTCP_BLOCKWRITE

Production has version 1.29. Please suggest.

What are you passing for the data to send and length of data when you call http_url_post()?

It would appear that either the pointer you're sending is not valid, or the length is too large and so it is exceeding the size of the space.

Comment

Thanks Scott. The maximum length of the field passed is 65535. Code snippet below.

D myJSON S 65535A varying

%len(myJSON) = %len(myJSON:*MAX);
      yajl_copyBuf( CCSID
      : %addr(myJSON:*data)
      : %len(myJSON)
      : length );

%len(myJSON) = length;

rc = http_url_post( URL
      : %addr( myJSON : *data )
      : %len( myJSON )
      : %Trim(LogFile)
      : HTTP_TIMEOUT
      : HTTP_USERAGENT
      : 'application/json; charset=UTF-8');

Also noticed the source HTTPAPIR4, where SENDREQ & SENDDOC calls COMM_BLOCKWRITE and not COMMTCP_BLOCKWRITE (as per call stack). Not sure this has anything to do.

Comment

For http_persist_req, code snippet is as below:

D myJSON S 65535a varying
        D pointer S *

yajl_copyBuf( CCSID
        : %addr(myJSON)
        : %size(myJSON)
        : length );
        myJSON = '{' + %Trim(myJSON) + '}';

Pointer = http_persist_open( URL);

rc = http_persist_req( 'PUT'
        : pointer
        : URL
        : 0
        : *null
        : %addr( myJSON : *data )
        : %len( myJSON )
        : 0
        : %pAddr(Proc)
        : HTTP_TIMEOUT
        : HTTP_USERAGENT
        : 'application/json' );

PProc B
        D Pi 10i 0
        D fd 10i 0 value
        D data * value
        D length 10i 0 value
        C*
        /Free
        return length;
        /End-Free
        P E

Comment

Nothing in the code you've posted would cause the errors you're reporting. The first error means that a parameter was passed with a *NULL address. The second error means that you've exceeded the amount of memory allocated to a space. The code you've posted doesn't appear to do that.

Can you post a complete program (rather than these small snippets) that I can run to reproduce the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by pshanmugam View Post
            1. Pointer not set for location referenced. Function check. MCH3601 unmonitored by HTTPAPIR4 at statement 0000004844, instruction X'0000'.
            Call stack: Program -> HTTP_PERSIST_REQ -> DO_OPER -> SENDREQ -> COMMTCP_BLOCKWRITE

2. Space offset X'00FFF000' or X'0000000000000000' is outside current limit for object MYJOBNAME JOBUSER JOBNUMBER. Function check. MCH3601 unmonitored by HTTPAPIR4 at statement 0000004880, instruction X'0000'.
            Call stack: Program -> HTTP_URL_POST -> HTTP_URL_POST_RAW -> HTTP_PERSIST_POST -> HTTP_PERSIST_REQ -> DO_OPER -> SENDDOC -> COMMTCP_BLOCKWRITE
            FWIW: I encountered the same problem recently ... the program was communicating with a java server running on Linux.

As best as I can determine, the Java server crashed in the middle of the data transfer and that caused an invalid length to be returned by the send procedure in the CommTcp_BlockWrite procedure. When the length (wwLen) was added to peBuffer, the pointer space extended outside the job space causing the MCH3601.

I have no idea what kind of crash in the Java application could cause that though.

david

Comment

Hi David,

Are you able to reproduce this problem? I have an idea that might fix it, but no way to test it since I can't reproduce.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the error ... it's entirely theoretical. I based my comment on the fact that we crashed at the specific line where we incremented peBuffer by wwLen.

Comment

Working...
                X