*GDA in RPGLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *GDA in RPGLE

I've used this a long time ago in CL programs. I have the need to pass information back and forth between group jobs. Can this be use in RPGLE and if so , how?

No, RPGLE supports the *LDA and the *PDA (for prestart jobs) but it doesn't support the *GDA. You'd have to call some CL from your RPG program to access the data area.

Comment

Thanks Barbara, as always, appreciate your help.

I thought maybe my ATTN handling program initiated a group job and I needed to use the *GDA but upon investigation, there is no group job, so no need for the *GDA.

I need to pass information back and forth between an ATTN handling program and the caller of the ATTN handling program.Can I do this with the *LDA or parameters or is there something else I need to do.

Thanks

Comment

You could use the API QWCRDTAA (Retrieve Data Area). It accepts the special value *GDA for the data area name.
        Then combined with QCMDEXC or system() and the CL command CHGDTAARA you could update *GDA

Comment

The ATTN program doesn't get passed any parameters. But it runs in the same job as the job that does the SETATNPGM, so you could use *LDA, or a named data area in QTEMP.

Comment

Working...
          X