JDBCR4-Java exception ""

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDBCR4-Java exception ""

We make extensive use of JDBCR4 for SQL Server access, and overnight we had this inexplicable error appear. The failing service program worked fine prior to this error, and continues to work fine now.
    Code:
    Message . . . . :   Java exception received when calling Java method.
    Cause . . . . . :   RPG procedure procedureName in program library/serviceProgram received
        Java exception "" when calling method "setAutoCommit" with signature "(Z)V"
        in class "java.sql.Connection".
    Typically with Java, I expect to see an actual exception rather than just an empty string (""). All subsequent Java calls with the same job failed within this message (the specific names varied on the Java program called but the error was always the same).
    Code:
    Message . . . . :   Java exception received when calling Java method.
    Cause . . . . . :   RPG procedure JDBC_PROPE in program QGPL/JDBCR4 received
        Java exception "" when calling method "<init>" with signature "()V" in class
        "java.util.Properties".
    I'm trying to determine the cause of this error and how to mitigate its effects. I resolved the problem today by ending the bad job, but the error occurred at midnight and it was hours before it was detected.

Thanks
Working...
X