X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Profile Nearing Storage Limit

Hi AS400 expert,

please help.

What are commands needed to resolve the issue above, such commands to check the list of objects I owned, etc.

Thank you.

1. WRKOBJOWN
    2. What else should i check?

Comment

As with any OS, there are various limits for multiple things and you can find a list of these in the infocentre. I usually search for maximum capacities but for v7.4 it is here:
      If you exceed system limitations, you might experience an application outage or a system outage. Avoid these types of outages by being aware of the maximum capacities and system limitations in advance.

For this particular situation, it is listed in the Security Limits.

The documentation notes the following:
      A user profile contains four categories of entries:

1) every object owned by the profile
      2) every private authority the profile has to other objects
      3) every private authority to objects owned by this profile that other profiles have
      4) every object for which this profile is the primary group.

The sum of these categories equals the total number of entries for the profile.

Comment

I'm assuming you don't actually have an AS/400 and you're actually running IBMi on POWER.

See if these two SQL services are helpful.
        Code:
        select * from QSYS2.USER_STORAGE where USER_NAME = current_user;

select * from table(QSYS2.OBJECT_STATISTICS('*ALLUSR','*ALL')) X where OBJOWNER = current_user;

Comment

And, unless IBM has made a change that I don't know about, after you clean up ownership and private authorities, the storage size of the user profile will not change. It's similar to a physical file in that when you delete records, the storage that they take up remains until you reclaim it by reorganizing the file (RGZPFM). As far as I know, the only way to reclaim the storage for a user profile is to delete it and recreate it.

Comment

Working...
          X