New RPG blog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RPG blog?

Logged on today to discover that our new employee started blogging about her experience learning RPG. I think you'll agree that its really exciting to see someone new learning our beloved language! Check out her post, and show her some love.
    Seriously what is RPG? As a beginner programmer new to development but intermittent at gamming I automatically thought the acronym stood…

Will do! I hope you will point her in the general direction of this forum too?

Comment

Yes, up to the point where they ask "How do I implement MVC in a display program?"

Comment

Originally posted by mlopez01 View Post
        Yes, up to the point where they ask "How do I implement MVC in a display program?"

I don't understand what you're saying, here? Are you saying this isn't an appropriate question for this forum? (If so, I disagree!) Or are you saying that if she were to blog about how to write an MVC program, you wouldn't want to read it? I guess I'm just not following you.

Comment

• mlopez01
          mlopez01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. I was making a joke. It may have nothing to do with your new employee. I've read many posts where newcomers to RPG want to know how to implement MVC. Typically these newcomers were taught Javascript and MVC (or maybe even MVVM). To them MVC is their golden hammer. Once they learn there really is no such architecture pattern in the RPG world they're stunned and disappointed, and that's not exciting to see.

I know lots of people who implement the MVC pattern in RPG. For years, I taught classes on how to do so... back when MVC was a popular buzzword.

Comment

• mlopez01
          mlopez01 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's faux-MVC.
      Working...
      X