Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiler listings

Hi,

When I compiled my program with option 14- create bound rpgle program and when I did f4 and on the parameter 'Source listing indentation '|' also tried with blank '| ' but on spool file of this program I could not find visual representation.

Is it because my program failed to compile? And if it was compiled successfully then where could I have found that visual representation with indentation '|' ?

Thanks.

Could someone please advise here.

Thanks.

Comment

Here is an example of how the source listing would look with an indentation character of '|' for a fixed format style program (it would look this way whether the program compiles or not):
      Code:
      C                   If                        pos > *zero                  
      C                   |Eval                     %subst(actlst:pos:1) = pnk  
      C                   |Eval                     %subst(actlst:pos+26:1) = blu
      C                   Endif                                                  ​

Comment

• Brian Rusch
        Brian Rusch commented
        Editing a comment
        Forgot to mention that it doesn't work with free format style code.

Looks like indenting is not supported with CRTSQLRPGI. I could make use of it occasionally.
      I have to use the B001 ...E001 tags on the right side of the listing

Comment

For CRTSQLRPGI, you can code the INDENT keyword in CTL-OPT, or you can code the INDENT parameter in COMPILEOPTS.
        Code:
        CRTSQLRPGI OBJ(QTEMP/MYPGM) COMPILEOPT('INDENT(''| '')')

Comment

Thanks Barbara !

Comment

Working...
          X