Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-spec - Maximum width of printer file

Dear All,

Can anyone give me the suggestion that, can we able to design a printer file in
    O-Spec with WIDTH more than 132 columns.

Please advise, if there is any ways to design a printer file in O-Spec with more than 132 columns

Thanks,
    Murali...

Re: O-spec - Maximum width of printer file

First suggestion...use externally described printer files. If you must use O spec printer files, you can certainly enter ending positions beyond 132 in your O specs but you must change the F spec to have a record length of say ... 198 ... and then before your program is called make sure you issue an OVRPRTF to ensure the printer file width is 198.
    Jonas Temple
    Got FROG?
    Got Tadpole? No, because it's not done yet! Stay tuned....

01010111 01100001 01110011 01110011 01110101 01110000 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 00111111

Comment

im far from an o-spec genius but

just crtdupobj of qsysprt to lets say qsysprt2

then define in RPG

Code:
      FQSYSPRT2  O    F  198        Printer USROPN
      then prior to opening it just do an ovrprtf to (198)

jamie
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

As long as I know you must always have (refer to) a Printer File ....

Recently I work with a 250 characters width printer file ... RLU does not accept more ....

good luck ...

Comment

usually to go beyond the 132 columns you'll need an OVRPRTF prior to opening the QSYSPRT (or any other printer file) the max i've used is 198 columns.
          I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Hi,

Could someone please provide any example of RPGLE program where we have the printer file exhausting this 132 columns limit in the same O spec program defined printer file.

I have a program defined printer file in which when I increase the length of one of it's field then it starts truncating the adjacent field at record level and at the footer level.

So it would be much appreciated if someone could please share any example of any RPGLE program where we have more than 32 columns defined in the printer file with out truncating any of the field's data on any level(header, detail and footer).

Thanks

Comment

• John192
              John192 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just to correct it for more than 132 columns:-

"any example of any RPGLE program where we have more than 132 columns defined in the printer file without truncating any of the field's data on any level(header, detail and footer)."

Thanks
          Working...
          X